To be the central organization serving and connecting all alumni and members of the Iowa State family.
To facilitate the lifetime connection of alumni, students, and friends with Iowa State University and each other.
• Provide exemplary customer service
We pride ourselves in offering high-quality service and programs with integrity and honesty.
• Be innovative
We aspire to keep our programs and services relevant to our constituents by employing creativity, innovation, and flexibility.
• Nurture loyalty, pride, and tradition
We work to strengthen the powerful attributes of loyalty, pride, and tradition that we see in our alumni, students, and friends that contribute to the excellence of Iowa State University.
• Communicate openly
We value open communication, both within the Alumni Association staff and among Iowa State University alumni, students, faculty/staff, and friends.
• Promote collaboration
We seek out partnerships with other individuals and groups both on and off campus.
• Build a positive team and family spirit
We value and respect each other as individuals, work well together as a team, and respect each other’s work/life balance. We work hard, and we play hard to cultivate a fun work environment.
• Be passionate
We are passionate about Iowa State University and about our work.
ISU Alumni Association Strategic Plan 2012-2016
OBJECTIVE #1: The Iowa State University Alumni Association will connect alumni, students, and friends with the university and each other through powerful networks
1. Offer outstanding geographical networking opportunities to serve the Iowa State family
2. Deliver professional and career networks to alumni, students, and friends
3. Grow special-interest networks to serve alumni and friends
4. Provide powerful online networking services
5. Enhance networking opportunities for the Iowa State family through Alumni Association events and programs
6. Communicate the impact Alumni Association membership has on networking opportunities
OBJECTIVE #2: The Iowa State University Alumni Association will advance and promote the excellence of Iowa State University
1. Broadly communicate the achievements and activities of Iowa State University and Iowa Staters
2. Collaborate with other campus units to extend and promote Iowa State University
3. Foster a climate that encourages dialogue among alumni, students, and friends about issues important to Iowa State University
4. Organize and engage alumni, students, and friends to advocate on behalf of Iowa State University and each other
OBJECTIVE #3: The Iowa State University Alumni Association will serve alumni and members of the Iowa State family
1. Provide timely and relevant communications
2. Respond to requests from alumni, students, and friends in a timely manner
3. Provide high-quality benefits and services to Alumni Association members
4. Seek input from alumni, students, and friends about how we can serve them better
OBJECTIVE #4: The Iowa State University Alumni Association will nurture loyalty, pride, and tradition
1. Provide members of the Iowa State family the tools they need to make ISU more visible in their personal and professional lives
2. Collaborate with Iowa State University colleagues to heighten appreciation for ISU traditions
3. Showcase Iowa State University traditions through programs and events, and at the ISU Alumni Center
4. Strengthen Iowa State University pride and loyalty through student and young alumni programs
5. Explore additional opportunities for volunteers to serve Iowa State University and the Alumni Association
OBJECTIVE #5: The ISU Alumni Center will be a destination for the Iowa State family and a premier local event space
1. Position the ISU Alumni Center as the gathering place for alumni
2. Enhance the welcoming environment of the ISU Alumni Center
3. Provide a number of targeted Iowa State University Alumni Association events in the ISU Alumni Center
4. Enhance the rental activities in the ISU Alumni Center
5. Maintain the quality and appearance of the ISU Alumni Center
OBJECTIVE #6: The Iowa State University Alumni Association will be a healthy, sustainable organization
1. Integrate the Iowa State University Alumni Association’s guiding principles into the daily culture of the organization
2. Ensure the financial stability of the Iowa State University Alumni Association
3. Surpass 60,000 Iowa State University Alumni Association members
4. Ensure that the Iowa State University Alumni Association Board of Directors and staff continue to operate effectively
5. Ensure the Iowa State University Alumni Association is technologically relevant
6. Integrate environmentally sustainable practices into the Iowa State University Alumni Association’s operations
7. Enhance the brand of the Iowa State University Alumni Association to resonate with our alumni and members of the Iowa State family
Approved by the ISU Alumni Association Board of Directors on Oct. 5, 2011