ISU Alumni Association Membership Benefits
- VISIONS magazine: Four times a year, you will receive your own copy of the Alumni Association’s award-winning four-color magazine, VISIONS. Members also have access to read VISIONS online, which often contains bonus materials and special extras.
- ISU News Flash: As a member, you will receive a subscription to our “everything Iowa State” e-newsletter, the ISU News Flash, distributed every other Friday to members of the Alumni Association.
- ISU Events Wall Calendar: The calendar (August-July) contains striking photographic images of Iowa State and lists ISU events throughout the year. The calendar is sold separately for $17, but it’s yours free as an ISUAA member.
- Online Alumni Directory: Stay connected with unlimited access to our online community, which allows you to search for ISU alumni alphabetically, by class year or college, geographically, and much more – including complex custom searches. Post and read class notes.
- Legacy Club: Get your kids connected to ISU at a young age -- members are invited to enroll them in the Legacy Club, free of charge.
- Local Club Membership: If you are a member of the ISU Alumni Association, you are also a member of the local ISU Alumni Association Club in your area. Clubs offer fun events, activities, and gamewatches that help Iowa Staters to connect across the country.
- Lovebirds: Couples who met at ISU can join our new club and receive exclusive benefits as official Lovebirds. All ISUAA members are invited to join Lovebirds, free of charge.
- Membership Card: Carry your membership card with you (on your keychain or in your wallet/purse) to verify your member status when attending ISU Alumni Association events or when shopping to receive your member discounts. If you have lost your membership card, replacement cards can be ordered online for a $5 processing fee. | Order a replacement membership card
- Car Window Decal: Show your membership pride with the colorful ISUAA car window cling. Call (877) ISU-ALUM (478-2586) if you need another decal.
- Eligibility to join Recreation Services: You may purchase a Recreation Services Non-Student Rec Pass by showing at the service desk a current ISUCard, which indicates that you are an Alumni Association member. Recreation Services fees will apply. To receive an ISUCard you may visit the ISUCard Office at 0530 Beardshear Hall to obtain one for a $15 fee. By purchasing a Non Student Rec Pass you will have access to all Recreation Services facilities (Lied, State, & Beyer) and programs. Use is otherwise restricted to students and Non-Student Rec Pass holders. More information can be found on the Recreation Services website at www.recservices.iastate.edu.
- Eligibility to use Parks Library: All alumni and ISU Alumni Association members may apply for a library visitor’s borrowing card. A $5 one-time/lifetime fee applies for borrowing privileges (a value of $20 annually) as long as the visitor is a graduate of ISU or a current member of ISUAA. (Does not include remote online privileges.) Interested individuals should stop by the library’s main circulation desk to show their membership card and fill out an application.
- Eligibility to join Greater Iowa Credit Union: Become a member of the member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative that was begun by ISU employees in 1932 and has had a long-standing affiliation with Iowa State University.