Iowa State University Alumni Association
 

Class Gifts 1940-1949

Class of 1940
Class of 1941
Class of 1942
Class of 1943
Class of 1944
Class of 1945
Class of 1946
Class of 1947
Class of 1948
Class of 1949


Class of 1940

No graduating gift was recorded.

On its 50th anniversary, the Class of 1940 raised funds for the renovation of the Campanile and Carillon.

1940

Class of 1941

No graduating gift was recorded.

On its 50th anniversary, the class funded the Memorial Union Great Hall renovation.

1941b

Class of 1942

No graduating gift was recorded.

On its 50th anniversary, gifts from the Class of 1942 funded the renovation of the Campanile and Carillon.

1942


Class of 1943

No graduating gift was recorded.

On its 50th anniversary, the Class of 1943 funded the renovation of Gold Star Hall in the Memorial Union.

1943b

Class of 1944

No graduating gift was recorded.

On its 50th anniversary, the class dedicated Reiman Gardens' east entryway bridge.



Class of 1945

No graduating gift was recorded.

On its 50th anniversary, the Class of 1945 funded restoration of the conference room in Carrie Chapman Catt Hall.

1945a

1945b

Class of 1946

No graduating gift was recorded.

On its 50th anniversary, restoration of Christian Petersen's Fountain of the Four Seasons (north maiden), located at the main entrance to the Memorial Union, was funded by the Class of 1946.



Class of 1947

The Class of 1947 donated Bedford limestone for the sculpture, Conversations, a Christian Petersen work located between Oak and Elm Halls. (pictured below)

1947a

On its 50th anniversary, the Class of 1947 funded restoration of Christian Petersen's Fountain of the Four Seasons (south maiden), located at the main entrance to the Memorial Union.

1947b

Class of 1948

Part payment for an organ for the Little Chapel in the Memorial Union was given as a graduation gift by the Class of 1948.

1948b

Photo courtesy of Iowa State University Special Collections, Parks Library

On its 50th anniversary, the class raised funds for the restoration of Christian Petersen's Fountain of the Four Seasons (west maiden), located at the main entrance to the Memorial Union.



Class of 1949

The Class of 1949 gift provided markers for the four entrances to campus.

1949a
First unit of the 1940 Class gift, four entrance markers, was presented to President Friley, June 4. Participating in the presentation ceremony were (left to right) the president, Rev. Leroy Burroughs, Ames minister who gave the invocation, and Bill Rosen and Don Bice, representing the class.

Alumnus, Vol. 45-47, Aug. 1949, p. 3    

On its 50th anniversary, the Class of 1949 dedicated the Children's Garden Entryway and the Corn Crib and Amphitheatre at Reiman Gardens.





Next | Class Gifts 1950-1959

Class Gifts Main Page

© 2017 Iowa State University Alumni Association. All rights reserved.