Iowa State University Alumni Association
 

Class Gifts 1960-1969

Class of 1960
Class of 1961
Class of 1962
Class of 1963
Class of 1964
Class of 1965
Class of 1966
Class of 1967
Class of 1968
Class of 1969 

Class of 1960

The Class of 1960 made a $1,000 gift to the Iowa State Center, then transferred funds to the Alumni Achievement Fund to establish the Class of 1960 loan fund.

1960a

On its 50th anniversary, the class established a new tradition of  "giving from your heart." Rather than picking one specific project, each class member is encouraged to give to the area(s) of Iowa State that is most important to him or her.

Class of 1961

The Class of 1961 gave $1,000 for three markers for Pearson Hall.

1961

On its 50th anniversary, the class followed the tradition of  "giving from your heart" established by the Class of 1960 on its 50-year reunion. Rather than picking one specific project, each class member is encouraged to give to the area(s) of Iowa State that is most important to him or her.

Class of 1962

The Class of 1962 made a $1,000 gift to be used toward the Iowa State Center.

Class of 1963

The class gave $1,200 for a clock to be constructed at the Iowa State Center.

Class of 1964

The class gave $1,300 to the Iowa State University Foundation toward the cornerstone for the Iowa State Center.

Class of 1965

With the Class of 1966, the class provided the portrait of President James Hilton that currently hangs in Parks Library.

The portrait was done by Richard L. Seyffert in 1965. President Hilton served from 1953-1965.

1965

Class of 1966

The class collaborated with the Class of 1965 to give a portrait of President James Hilton, which currently hangs in Parks Library.

The portrait was done by Richard L. Seyffert in 1965. President Hilton served from 1953-1965.

1966

Class of 1967

In 1980, the class gave 17 limited-edition prints from a series titled Real and Imagined Aspects of the State Capitol Building by Amy Worthen. In 1975, the class gifted a pair of prints by Rudi Pozzati.

The final print given by the class was Mauricio Lansansky's Lady in Blue.
 

1967c1967a

1967b

Photos courtesy of University Museums, where the prints are held.

Class of 1968

The class gave a statue of George Washington Carver by Christian Petersen; a case for the statue of handcrafted black walnut wood by Clarence Hill, and two bronze plaques on the case.

This replica of the Carver statue stands between Carver and Bearshear Halls. The original has been removed for safe keeping in the University Museums.



Class of 1969

The Class of 1969 gave $15,000 to develop the plaza between Marston and Pearson Halls.

1969

 

 

Next | Class Gifts 1970-1979

Class Gifts Main Page 

© 2017 Iowa State University Alumni Association. All rights reserved.